Saturday, November 13, 2004

Africa! Some of the Things I worked With


Drawing for Dawn on the Ridge Quilt Posted by Hello
I thought I would share some of the photos I worked with and a drawing I made for the dawn on the Ridge quilt. The photos were taken in Samburu Game Park in Kenya. I still look at the photograph of the leopard and am awed by how graciously she allowed herself and her cubs to be photographed. The drawing was based on the photos- normally I do not make such detailed drawings, but I usually do keep a journal when I am preparing for an exhibition- where I write down ideas, quotes, colour thoughts and occasionally do drawings of shapes and inspirations.When I looked over this particular journal, which I had not done for some time, I was surprised by how much drawing I did in preparation for the exhibition- which was my first solo- I need to do this more for future ones- drawing I mean.

No comments: