Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yesterday


Yesterday

I tried uploading a picture of what I worked on yesterday last night but for some reason Hello was not responding. I got up yesterday morning and decided to make another lace piece. I had created the screen some time ago and I found lots of rust coloured silk scraps left over from other things. So I screen printed the lace shapes ( until my screen fell apart- the riso screen did not like the gutta gold I was using- it creates a firmer surface so that when I cut out the shapes they do not fray). Then fortunately it was sunny so the gutta dried quickly and I cut out the shapes - of which I wanted at least another 20 or so. So then I found some thread I bought in England when I was there, which is the twistings of left overs for sari silk, or some such thing. Fortunately it had enough rusty bits in it and the texture adds a nice dimension. Have to finish sewing it today.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Val said...

These are really lovely. It will be interesting to see what you do with them. Ideas are already swirling around in my brain! Gorgeous!

Nicky said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are so talented!