Wednesday, August 03, 2005
I tried uploading a picture of what I worked on yesterday last night but for some reason Hello was not responding. I got up yesterday morning and decided to make another lace piece. I had created the screen some time ago and I found lots of rust coloured silk scraps left over from other things. So I screen printed the lace shapes ( until my screen fell apart- the riso screen did not like the gutta gold I was using- it creates a firmer surface so that when I cut out the shapes they do not fray). Then fortunately it was sunny so the gutta dried quickly and I cut out the shapes - of which I wanted at least another 20 or so. So then I found some thread I bought in England when I was there, which is the twistings of left overs for sari silk, or some such thing. Fortunately it had enough rusty bits in it and the texture adds a nice dimension. Have to finish sewing it today.