Monday, August 08, 2005

Sonji's blog on Gwendolyn Magee's work

I normally like to post pictures- but for this one Sonji Hunt has already done the job. If you follow the link to her blog you will see that she has in the past few days done a review of an exhibition by Gwendolyn Magee- Blood of the Slaughtered. Like all of Sonji's visitors I was moved by GwendolynMagee's powerful and challenging work, and it has had me churning all night. I would love to see this exhibit in the flesh.It is proof of the fact that quilts can challenge and re-educate their viewers and that indeed they are a powerful voice for injustice, identity, and memory .

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I couldn't agree more. It seems to be a reminder of how sad that humanity can stoop to such depravity in the treatment of our fellow human beings...I am glad I saw it though. I would like to see it in the flesh too.