Thursday, August 18, 2005

Change of plan


Another banksia cone
I decided today that i was going to change the colours of the work I was auditioning yesterday, which is one of the nice things about using a polyester film overlay- I can colour it any colour I want thereby changing the whole look. So it is going to become much greener- i also want to incorporate banksia pods- the pctures show these lovely sculptural cones. I love these flowers and pods and have many different kinds in my garden, but the cones on this particular bush are the prettiest.

Banksias are also known as banksia men- scarey knobby hairy creatures that were immortalised in the childrens books of May Gibbs called Snugglepot and Cuddle Pie. The stories were much loved when my children were little and I think just about every Australian child would have heard the stories and enjoyed pictures of the delightful creatures May Gibbs conjured up out of our native floraPosted by Picasa

No comments: