Friday, April 29, 2005

Stitching


Detail of Persephone's Rug for the Underworld
This is a detail of the stitching I have been doing on Persephone's Rug for the Underworld. Lately I have been doing a lot of double stitching or quilting to get more of a line.I like to use threads that show up as I think if I am going to do that amount of stitching I may as well see it! I also like to use rayon machien embroidery threads- that have that bit of extra sheen which at a distance makes the fabric seem almost velvet. I don't normally work on a couple of pieces at a time but as I am scrambling to get as much done as I can before I go to Europe next week, I have a couple of pieces on the go.

Today was another 10,000 dedicated walking step day.It really is starting to become a habit! Posted by Hello

4 comments:

smarcoux said...

Dijanne I am really happy and proud of you that you are keeping up the walking .. its very addicting ....and I see your losing some weight fabulous .. and good for clearing the head I bet.... I am still doing the smaller walks in the mornings and weekends do the longer ones ...
off on holiday this sunday for a week... you will be in europe by the time I get back
we will have to meet up ..
oh yes I have your threads!!!

smarcoux said...

Dijanne your such a tease!! Can we see a bit more of the one your working on that you have the close up of!!
Still maintaining weight loss but nothing as great as it was ..damn now I have to work harder at it....
booo hisssss
Sandy

Sonji Hunt said...

This looks so YUMMY. The color, the stitching...it all looks so luscious.

PaMdora said...

LOVE the stitching and the colors. These detail shots are great, as is the overall piece. But the closeups could be pieces in themselves.