Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Leaf Lace


I have to deliver the leaf lace for exhibition on Friday but today as I looked at it I decided that I would overstitch the tulle- which took ages, Stopping it from puckering was a major headache, and last night in the middle of the night it suddenly dawned on me if I stabilised it with some wash away type vilene that I have it might work. It still puckered a little, and I wished I had used a different colured thread ( it is almost impossible to unpick sewing once it is on the tulle) but on the whole I think it looks better than it did before.

Sandy or anyone else the ISP number is 86.133.204- if that means anything- it would be too funny if it was you! Ican hand deliver the quilt to you!

3 comments:

Pat Dolan said...

Oh my, but this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the layered look, the overlays, the forms, shapes, patterns, colors - everything! How big is it?
Keep up the great work!
Pat in NJ

Frances said...

wow this is soooo beautiful, I love it,

Val said...

I love this piece! I could kidnap it!