Monday, May 19, 2008

More teapots and a Surprise

Teapots For Sale US $60 inclusive of postage
It was a bits and pieces sort of day- little bits of work done here and there and some admin. I did jazz up the pomegranates in my pomegranate tifaifai. I used Trapsuutjies cover all paint- which when dry has a chalky kind of finish. The seeds will be stitched around but it added another dimension to the quilt top. I feel happier with it now. I also made another teapot- I am trying to really get as many done as I possibly can- the discipline to get at least one of 8x8 done a day is needed!I am not sure how they will hand yet- but there will be twenty variations of each design. I need to get back on track with my dolls as well as I want to make at least 20 of those for the exhibition as well. And then there is the big work. Now that I have crossed the hurdle of finally making a bigger quilt ( the commission) I seem to have a bit more enthusiasm for the whole- I think I may have found a solution for my village scene- more on that tomorrow.

And then a lovely surprise in the post. A Goth Doll from Belinda Schneider from Bel's Nook- the first doll is offspring from Friedrich and Loretta and Violetta. I always love getting surprises- especially whimisical ones like this!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dave-O said...

I really enjoy looking at your work. Its relly cool I cant wait to show my wife. Keep up the great work
-Dave NYC

Lindi said...

I love your work! I have sent you an email re Teapots. I would like to buy it.