Monday, May 05, 2008

Barnacles


SOLD
I have been working all day on the commission quilt- it is taking a lot of stitching and there is still a lot to go. I don't normally do little practice pieces but somehow I am a bit more timid when doing a commission piece especially in silk- the needle marks show if you have to pull anything out. So I did this little piece to try out the type of stitching i might surround the barnacle shapes with- I wanted the feel of the sea but also seaweed. Anyway I decided to finish it off as I was not going to get one of my other 8x8's done- so this is for sale at $60US inclusive of postage . It measures 8"x8" ( approx 20 cm square) and is hand dyed silk.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Threadspider said...

This is such a beautiful piece-it really captures that barnacle feeling. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. This is just lovely and perfectly holds the beauty of the watery environment of the barnacle.

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

I love the whole thing; colour, quilting etc.
Can't wait to see the commission, wip, the finish, the lot.........