Thursday, December 27, 2007

Noughts and Crosses



I always think noughts and crosses is the wrong name for the game and that really it should be called hugs and kisses as so many people sign their letters and cards with noughts and crosses. So this is my attempt to make a noughts and crosses quiltlet ( not very arty I know- just a bit of fun as Peter says in Finding Neverland). I wanted to use up the cd's that i had wrapped and tied in fabric last year for the Sense of Place exhibition. I decided to make the background in a grid- I just fused the orange lines into place and sewed them down, then quilted the background fabric ( which is a bit darker than in the photo) with writing saying hugs and kisses. I then fused the signs on the cd's, but will also attach them with stitching and on the back I will place some velcro so they can be moved around to play an actual game.Anyway it did use up all those dead cd's.I started it earlier this year but as I always try and finish what I start I decided to finish making this little piece whilst watching the cricket.

The weather is turning very warm and I will have to get into the garden and mulch tomorrow after weeding- the weeds grow too fast!

And my Neon site counter is so close to 100,000- amazing, but my sitemeter counter is inching towards 150,000. I am just amazed that so many people visit. Thank you each and every one!
Neon is up to 138 countries ( not including Lebanon which Neon doesn't want to recognise but from where I have a regular visitor)- so when Sitemeter reaches that magical figure I shall have to think of a gift for that reader!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Hey Dijanne
We just call it X's & Os..
I like kisses and hugs better.
This would be great for in the car traveling or up at the cottage..
Hope you had a peaceful loving Christmas..
You shouldn't be surprised at the numbers, after all you are the Diva of Quliters and a trend setter.
Also inspire 1000s around the world.....

Julie said...

This is a great idea, and especially for a way to use old cds as we always end up with loads. I love the idea of hugs and kisses too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I see your meter just changed to 139 countries. The map of the world has changed so much since I was a kid. I haven't even heard of some of these countries. congratulations on having so many visitors.