Saturday, December 22, 2007

More Teapots

I am still mucking around trying to get what i want to do with the teapots right. I need to find my soldering iron- which seems to have disappeared in the shed that is supposed to be my studio. I will have a bigger search tomorrow- it will be somewhere. I think it would look good to take away some of the background lutradur with just spots of melting.

We have had a lot of rain in the last 24 hours- I was a bit worried that the summer palace ( aka tent where I am sleeping ) might flood last night. Althought this rain is great for the garden, which now also desperately needs to be weeded, because unfortunately the weeds seem to grow faster than the vegies. I have been trying to get a hold of some mulch, but as the farmers have those huge rolls of hay, that look wonderful, I am afraid that they would not fit in my Nissan Micra , and the car would disappear in the roll if it were placed on the roof- mobile hay roll- so I am trying to find good old fashioned oblong hay bales that even I can lift!. I will have to do something about the car situation as I will no longer be able to use the station wagon - so I will have to probably get another car along with the mortgage, although I do like small cars, but if I teach there is always so much gear to carry, let alone the kids and their gear!

I did get a lovely parcel from the Thread Studio- Khadi journals which I love and some orange/red threads- but also a lovely gift of hand dyed sewing threads, decorative wire and a few other odds and bits- thanks Dale!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I just can't get over how wonderful your quilting is. The stitches themselves are impeccable, the designs innovative and a true enhancement of the piece.

I also love the imagery you choose to work with. These pots are so different from what most people would work with, imho.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I love these blue teapots Dijanne. For mulch here, we have pea straw or barley straw which comes in smaller bales than hay.

Please explain what a "Khadi journal" is? And have a great Christmas & New Year.