Saturday, December 08, 2007

More fabric Cats

 


I have been making some more cats-I just needed to sit and do some hand sewing. I have also been working on my resume- it takes a lot of time- I have never been so conscious of chosing the right words that describe what i do.

Shirley asked if I was stitching over the same lines in the gypsy pieces several times. The answer is yes but I also double thread the top of the machine whenever I can- two threads one needle- it creates amuch thicker line and also I can use two slightly different colouts which gives a nice play of colour in the stitched line. it does create a bit of havoc with tension sometimes, but as I am not a perfectionist about the backs of anything I do, I just wear that!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dianne said...

These are just gorgeous Dijanne! I also wanted to say thankyou so much for my "art doll". She is fabulous - the handstitching, her face - love her!!!
Dianne (Merricks North, Vic)

jude said...

hand stitching is a nice way to balance out annoying things like resumes. i am new to machine sewing...double thread sounds interesting....

Margeeth said...

You cats remind me of egyptian cat-mummies. Of course, yours are a lot more colorfull.

Kate North said...

Great cats - and thanks for the tip about double-threading the needle - I know that can be done on a longarm - never thought to try it on a domestic, so will have to have a play, particularly on something where the back either doesn't matter or will be covered - though frankly, I'm not a back perfectionist myself, especially if the piece is for myself...

TracyB said...

LOVE your cats!!! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!!