Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kaleidoscope photos



My youngest daughter went to camp earlier this week to Canberra and she came home with a really cool kaleidoscope. We have been mucking around taking photos on the macro function of my digital camera down the eye hole of the kaleidoscope. I love the way they look like constellations or galaxies.

I had intended to make more coral variations but instead spent most of the day collating images from Syria and working on the idea of caravanserai- which has given me more ideas than using the word Syria. I think I like the ideas of travel, exchange, spices, textiles, tents and bringing tales of strange places that the word carvanserai conjures up. Also the colours of the traveling caravans- of rich and ethnic textiles .

Both Coral varations #17 and #18 are sold!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I love kaleidoscopes! Well done with selling the Corals, look forward to seeing the Caravanserai series.

Trish Goodfield said...

Loved the photos of the kaleidoscopes. I keep one in my studio, its a great way to beat those inspiration blues.