Monday, December 03, 2007

Coral Variation #14

 


Another day; another coral variation.This one is quite intensely coloured. Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I know things could be much worse, but on the other hand I do hope things will improve from here because the last year is one I would much rather forget. And sometimes it is hard to see good things in all that's gone on. Most of what has happened is in my personal life, but my professional life seesm to have gone on despite it all and despite my barely hanging in there at times. All in all when I look at what sort of quilt year it has been it's actually been better than I thought. I went to Syria and France with the Sense of Place Exhibition which opened at a Yarra Valley vineyard in January of 2007.The exhibition got lots of positive comment and feedback and we sold quite a bit of work from the exhibition in France. I got invited to exhibit in Munich next year at Textil und Kunst. Across Australia was shown in Australian venues, my book continued to sell well and I got a contract with Editions de Saxe- the Magic Patch people. I taught at Val D'Argent with full classes for 3 of the 4 days and I got invited to be part of an exhibition entitled Pierre organised by the Atelier of Genevieve Verriere an art quilt group from near le Mans. I did quite a lot of teaching around Europe, though I scarcely did any in Australia though I continue to get weekly emails from people asking when and where am I teaching in Australia. Other things are afoot for 2008 if I can manage to stay with the game.Oh and I am still writing the lutradur book with Marion Barnett- honest!

So my plan- is anyone interested in doing one or two weekend workshops in Gellibrand in Janauary? We have a good caravan park- there is room to pitch a tent here if necessary, and the nature is beautiful!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nic Bridges said...

Can you give any details (dates, which workshops, etc)? I'm tempted...

Olga Norris said...

Much positive power to you. I always believe in making myself a list of what has been good in the past period whenever I am in a bad place emotionally. I can see that lots of good things have been happening to you, and I'm sure will continue to do so while other parts of your life give you temporary problems. Onward and upward!

Unknown said...

I love the fact you are so strong at hte moment and I really love your variations. I think you said you sell them - What size are they, how much and would you send one to UK. I would really love a purple/turquoise one like on Nov 29th. One of my goals for 2008 is to buy a piece of art work from another artist so this would be a great opportunity.