Saturday, December 31, 2005

Flutter By


I had hoped to have posted a photo of the quilt I was working on yesterday but the day fluttered by, as indeed has the year. We always think butterflies should be called flutterbies, we can't see anything buttery in a butterfly. I would also like to think that the imagination is like a flutterby flitting here and there, taking it in and producing a cocoon that gestates something as wonderful as a flutterby.

I would like to thank the 35,000 plus people who have visited my blog since I started it- I have enjoyed and appreciated all your comments even if I don't always respond. I hope that each and every one of you has a Happy, Safe, Healthy and Creative New year and that your imaginations may soar or flutter and create little gems.

I am off to make some savouries for tonight as we are off to friends for the evening. I have finally mastered falafels- the trick is to not cook the chickpeas and to put them in hot oil and not turn them until the side in the oil is brown.

So with that - phhttt- open your hands and softly blow so that your imaginations may flutter the stratosphere and come back with treasure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dijanne, for putting forth such beautiful photographs and your gentle spirit through this blog. Much happiness to you as well, Fulvia.

Debra said...

Dijanne,

I've heard that the name comes from the Dutch, who called these things: butter poop because their poop is... yellow and a bit waxy and looks like butter poop.

but the english heard it as a kind of "fly" and the name stuck.

Claire said...

Dijanne,
Wishing you a wonderful 2006 :-) I'm sure with all the travel you have planned it will be exciting.

I'm looking forward to following your adventures in 2006.

Cheers
Claire

Grace Stefan said...

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. Product Packaging Tips