Sunday, December 18, 2005
These are the fabrics I have dyed and now printed some as well. The yellow one is too yellow- it was supposed to be more orange fading into the yellow in the middle of the triangles but somehow all the red dye hovered over the black dye foldlines. Usually this does not happen. So it has been dyed more orange as I find the yellow distracting. The little tiling function in Picassa is very nifty for auditioning the fabrics. Also the black in the tie dye did not come out as dark as I wanted ( its the blasted new fabric I am working with of which I have another 100 metres- the dark colours seem to die on it) so now the challenge is how to pop out the tie dyes more and darken the background- I think black thread with fairly dense stitching will solve this problem. The printing I did with Indian woodblocks- these are so much fun!