Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A sale and blogs






























I am excited ! I sold one of the Angels in Stone pieces- the orange one! These pieces are growing on me and I think I will make more with this general format but perhaps with lino-cut prints I have made myself.
The installation shots are of the solo exhibition I had at Quilt Indulgence in September. The other picture if of some fabric I painted today,I have for many years now played around with the idea of pomegranates and in the back ground I have printed pomegranates with on eof Laura Liebenberg's stamps. The colours are murkier int he flesh.

And just looking through who has visited my blog in the last 24 hours ( I can only tell servers and origins- so you remain incognito) I am just amazed at all the different countries. Are you all quilters??? or textile artists???I would love to know.
The countries were as follows: United Kingdom, Spain ( this came in 5th in frequency- are there that many quilters/textiel artists in Spain??), USA, Canada, Sweden,Belgium, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Ireland, Turkey, Korea, Taiwan, Chile, Brazil, Thailand, Australia,Egypt, Germany, France, Guam, Hong Kong, Finland, Mexico, Switzerland, New Zealand, Venezuela, Estonia. When I was a child one of my favourite ways to pass time was to write down all of the names of countries I could remember- but I didn't ever expect that in some way i would touch base with all of those names. I love to travel, but this is another form of connecting with other countries- the internet just never ceases to amaze me.

6 comments:

Frances said...

ok I am getting curious this is the second blog I have read this morning that mentions visits/hits, how do you find them/where do you look,

Dijanne, I sub to your blog with bloglines as I find you an inspiration and love your work, if I could afford it and it was for sale I would love the blue stone angels, I need to get hits to my website to make sales but it is hard so I admire all the work you have done to get to where you are,

thanks for sharing, best thoughts, Frances, Scotland the very north west tip - next stop Iceland,

Frances said...

PS sorry forgot to say i love the quilts too....they are one of my reasons for being here,

Anonymous said...

Beste Dijanne, sinds een paar maanden ben ik een zeer regelmatige bezoeker van je website en ik moet zeggen dat ik er erg van geniet. In augustus heb ik een workshop machinaal quilten gevolgd in Rotselaar, Belgiƫ.Deze dag heeft heel veel inspiratie gegeven om verder te gaan met textiel. IK ben bezig met flower pounding en leaf hammering, heb intussen heel wat stukken gemaakt die ik deze winter wil verwerken tot quilts. De Titifai-quilt die ik jouw les heb gemaakt heb ik versierd langs de randen met gehamerde bloemen en blaadjes. Ik moet hem nu quilten maar mijn naaimachine laat het afweten en daar moet ik een oplossing voor zoeken. Zodra hij af is zal ik foto's maken en doorsturen.
Ik ben een amateurquiltster, mijn leven lang al bezig met textiel, weven, verven, manden vlechten enz.
Maar mijn eigenlijke werk is het geven van yogalessen, al 30 jaar, en het masseren van mensen in mijn eigen praktijk aan huis met Ayurvedische massage en hand- en voetreflexologie. Dit doe ik ook al vele jaren. Ik ben getrouwd met Paul en ik heb twee kinderen,Sita en Haroen, die nog studeren. Ik ben nu 55 jaar, geboren in Nederland en woon sinds mijn 39ste jaar in Belgiƫ. Wat we gemeen hebben is het wonen in een houten huis, het hebben van een moestuin en 2 jaar geleden hebben we een stukje grond gekocht van een 1/2 ha en daar hebben we ongeveer 1000 inlandse bomen op laten planten.
Zo weet je iets meer van een van je bewonderaars. Sorry dat ik in het Nederlands schrijf, maar zo kan ik me beter uitdrukken.

Rayna said...

How great that you sold a piece from your blog, Dijanne! I, too, love seeing where everybody comes from when they read my blog. Reminds us what a small world it really is.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dijanne. Congratulations on your sale. I have a look in every day almost and I'm from Wales UK.
you really do inspire me with your work. I seem to go for the same sort of forms as you do, wish they were as good!
MargaretR

Felicity Grace said...

Congratulations Dijanne. Your quilts are so beautiful it always saddens me to hear how hard it is to get sales.

It's wonderful to think of how the internet has made communication so easy. I wish it had been around when I was in my teens!