Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Work for Sale

Yesterday I received a very nice email from Maria in Finland asking if I minded her posting some pictures of my work on her blog. I agreed and within hours she had sent me her blog address- Marianmappi-she reviews the work of all types of visual artists, so I am delighted to be included.

I have been trying to muck around and put the recent works I have for sale on picturetrail but last night it was down so I am going to post them here. I will also be dyeing fabric later this week- it has been raining the last two days and as I dye outside it has been too wet to do any dyeing. I made the Little Turtle quilt in the last couple of days. When I ge tin a slump or get down for some reason I tend to make turlte quilts to remind myself that it is not only work but it is meant tobe fun as well- there is somethign about turtles that just gives that lovely playful feeling- don't know why.
So here are the new works for sale and the pictures are below.
So here goes;
And first is Persephone's Rug for the Underworld, it measures 102 cm x 140 cm ( 40" x 55") and is priced at $1,000 ( US). The fabric has been tie dyed, printed and the pomegranates appliqued and machine quilted.
Next is Bindiis, it measures 45 cm x 70 cm ( 18 " x 27 ") and is priced at $225 (US). the fabric has been tie dyed , silk has been printed with gocco and machine stitched.
Next is Angels in Stone II, it measures 28 cm x 100cm ( 11 " x 40 ") and is priced at $275 (US). The images have been transferred with transfer dyes onto lutradur and then machine stitched.
The next one is Angels in Stone, it measures 28 cm x 100cm ( 11" x 40") and is priced at $275 (US). The images have been transferred with transfer dyes onto lutradur and then stitched.
The next one is Little Turtles, it measures 30cm x 95 cm ( 12" x 36") and is priced at $175 ( US). The fabric has been hand dyed and it has been machine stitched and quilted and hand sequined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dijanne, I have posted a comment under the Stone Angel wallhanging. I really like this one - could you email please?