Thursday, November 24, 2005

Little bags


More little bags
I spent today making these bags and also th etwo below. I started making them in 2000 as I have a tendency to put as much junk as i can into any carry around bag with the result that they weigh a ton and when travelling become really uncomfortable. So I made this bag that fits my wallet- camera or mobile and travel documents but not all the junk . They are between 9-10 inches long and 5 inches wide. I have lino-cut printed an image onto the hand dyed fabric, and then layered these as you would a quilt and then stitched them. In essence they are a quilt and I have found them to be strong and of course they are lined. The corded shoulder strap is made from cotton strips that have been corded and is also very strong. And the beads are made by my kids- I get to buy the fimo, pay them per bead and do get to use them, but I am sure a lot of the fimo disappears into other things as well- so I don't think I am getting the best side of the deal LOL. The bags are for sale for $35 US inclusive of postage and you can email me on the link on my profile. I will also put them on my Seriously Textile blog and the next day or so.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deb R said...

They're really pretty, Dijanne!

Elle said...

OOO! These are gorgeous!