Monday, May 02, 2005

Getting into panic mode


bag
I made myself a new bag to take with me to hold my wallet etc. I usually have one with alinocut print on it but the last one was just a little bit too short for the wallet with my travel documents- so I made a slightly larger one with greyish fabric ( doesn't show the dirt too quickly!) The more yellowedged tie dye is actually like a little quilted button and dangles.

Today was another 10,000 step walk- my fifth in a row and I can really feel the weight coming off and my fitness improving. It is getting to the stage where I am thinking where can I do a 6 km walk when I get to Holland ?- there is a good little walk near my aunts but it is only about 3kms- there is the dyke along the Schelde that goes all the way to Terneuzen- so I can get a decent walk in there.

Worked on the two tifaifai pieces I was working on when I was England - and put on the borders- so they are now ready to quilt. Husqvarna Viking is kindly lending me a machine whilst I am in Europe, to teach with, but it also means I can do work on off days. I am also taking a quilt to hand quilt.Posted by Hello

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this bag! Let us know if you produce a booklet of ideas and your techniques - I would definitely buy one.
Leanne

Anonymous said...

Great bag. As well as the fabric I like the curved edge of the fold over. Looks like a slightly more refined version of the one you taught in Wagga in January. I get great comments on the one I made then, but am thinking of another that fits my bits of gear better.
Judy

Linda B. said...

I'm very impressed that you are doing all this work and keeping up with the walking! How long does it take to do 10,000?

Linda

Anonymous said...

This bag is beautiful love all of your work. Thanks for sharing.
Dianne (Sandy sis Canada)

Lisa said...

The bag is wonderful. Great colors and wonderful design.

Can you tell those of us who don't know about the 10,000 steps?

Anonymous said...

The bag is very attractive. Love the gray/orange/yellow combo. Styling is nice too.
TatjanaA