Sunday, May 15, 2005

Across Australia


Gallery Space for Across Australia in Damascus Posted by Hello
I have mentioned that I am curating another travelling art quilt exhibition of Australian work that will be shown in Europe. It will start its exhibition life in Quilt Indulgence at Bowral, New South Wales from the 8-11th of September 2005 and then it will travel to the Mesdag Museum in The Hague, the Netherlands from early October until December 2005 and then onto the Opera Gallery in Cairo for Australia Day Celebrations 2006 and then onto this fabulous Exhibition space in Damascus in February 2006! It was once a caravanserai. Jenny Bowker has been an incredible help in getting this exhibition to that part of the world- and I am extremely grateful. For those of you who have not seen Jenny's blog ( which I have linked) it is worth the effort to share her impressions of some of the most ancient cities in the world, the stunning desert landscape, and to revel in the wonderful textiles of the region. And I shall more than likely get to go myself as well- and take one of my children! Entry forms are available for Australians only from me or Jenny.

Right I am off for my walk- at least it is not blowing a gale today! Did I mention that Holland can be a windy place???

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Have somehow come across your blog. What a collection of the most beautiful photos you have!!!

Cathy said...

Lucky you! I love Jenny's blog. It takes me away to places I'll probably never have an opportunity to visit.

Nikki said...

Wow, that place looks like a quilt! What a wonderful exhibition space!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Dijanne, Ik stuurde jou een email via jouw andere adres. Ik ben benieuwd of hij aankomt.
Groetjes, Nelly van der Elst-Knippenberg