Monday, March 21, 2005

Going Home


Threads! Posted by Hello
These luscious threads ( and some more) arrived Saturday morning from the Handweavers Studio in London. I am lamenting the fact that I ordered no greens, yellows or reds- what possessed me? These threads are rayon and a lovely weight for hand quilting( I do use a big needle and big stitches- I want to see the stitching I do!). Some moons ago I purchased some of these at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Alexandra Palace, and have now quilted several quilts with them.
Today i go home so my next entry will be from Oz. I spent the weekend at the Spring Fair at Chilford and was a bit disappointed there were not more threads there- after all quilters need threads don't they? But I sold a quilt- yay! I needed to sell a quilt as that is what generates my income to some extent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey home. Glad you sold a quilt. I have enjoyed your blogs and am sorry you didn't get to visit Ely, perhaps next time. Happy stitching Liz