Thursday, March 31, 2005

Close-up


Close-up of tulle and fabric
Here it is Sandy, a close-up of the tulle and fabric piece. I hand stitched the squares on , I suppose I could have done it by machine , but I like the irregularity of the cut-out fabric squares and the hand stitching. All the fabrics have been dyed and some have been printed and most are left overs from other projects.
I have been doing a huge tidy- up, my work room needed it, but it started because i knew somewhere I had a bag of elastic bands with which to finish tieing the piece of cloth I have been tieing ( I found the elastics eventually).I have two baskets of red based scraps which I can't part with, one lot that i was using for the above piece. I have another couple of huge bags of scraps. I think I am going to have to have a garage sale in the near future and rationalise my space a bit better .Posted by Hello

6 comments:

Margaret Roberts said...

Hi Dijanne.Love your colours, pity I'm not near enough for that garage sale! Looking for something is always the reason I have a tidy up.

smarcoux said...

Dijanne

Thanks for the close up even nicer when its close up ....
perhaps if you don't sell it I will get to see it :)
Cleaning up the room yes must do this today myself I have a few days off here besides the weekend
lets see how much I can accomplish.
Still walking and dieting and gosh still not drinking!!!!

Debra said...

Thank you for posting the close up. I am so emotionally taken with your work. I swear it speaks to my soul completely bypassing the thinking part of my brain.

It seems that you are on a journey with your fiber art. I shall enjoy being a passenger along it with you.

Elle said...

The colors are so nice in this piece. So vibrant.

Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about california accordionist
. You can check it out at california accordionist


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder