Thursday, March 24, 2005

Apples


apples
I am home and my kitchen has several washing baskets full of quinces and buckets and buckets of apples- plus there is still many apples on the trees. I am not quite sure what to do with all these apples- there are so many! And then there is the tomatoes. Those I will make into pasta sauce for the freezer- but there is so much to do that I am not sure where to begin! And then there is quilts that have to be made for the exhibition with my friend Annelies in Gelderland- as I want to have mostly new work and the space will take at least 10 quilts!
I am still waiting for my lace work to come back from my masters exhibition as I need to get it photographed- I did not have the chance before I went away.

Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Welcome home, Dijanne. Glad to see you made it safely!

You've done some beautiful work on the road. And the apples are pretty. :-)

Debra said...

Welcome home, dijanne. I've enjoyed sharing in your travel.

Process the fruits quickly. Although other things are equally demanding, they won't rot if ignored for a few days. Odd how demanding nature can be at times.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have arrived home safely Dijanne. But what a load of work you have waiting! I now have a shortcut to your blog on my desktop. Love to hear what you're doing.
MargaretR

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dijanne. I am eagerly awaiting arrival of your book. Make some applesauce!! Ok, LOTS of applesauce! Don't want to waste those beauties. Oh, and make some of those tomatoes into salsa..its a lot faster than pasta sauce. Tara and I made ketchup one year....considering how long it took and how much electricity it took...it saved us about as much as the time we raised our own chickens (that ended up costing about $7/pound once they were processed). I now buy my chicken already processed from the Amish so I know there are no chemicals or additives involved....some things are worth doing yourself but sometime ya gotta ske yourself if your time could be better spent....but nothing beats homemade applesauce!!

teri