Thursday, March 03, 2005

Altered Books


Matisse inspired cutouts Posted by Hello
After thinking that altered books were not for me- I have to swallow my thoughts ( and a few quiet words). I have just spent the last few days with Marion Barnett from the Alterenative Quilt List ( a yahoo group) and we spent time making altered books and using encaustics. What fun- love the encaustics- love what it does to stitches- I will post some pics tomorrow before I go off to teach for the weekend. First the pages were painted with acrylic and then I lay cutouts on top and then put the encaustic wax over the top- it gives the page a really textural quality. I also made some accordion fold khadi paper books using the same method- and these are a lot of fun as the wax soaks into the paper. Can't wait to show my children this way of working!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

love the look, the colors and shapes. thanks for sharing
what's the alternative quilt group?

Kt said...

Hi Dijanne
Just added a link to this site from Jenny Bowker's blog (I'm her webmistress and blog fairy).
These pics of the altered books are great. And I love the little apples on the oblong background as well.
Now that I know you're here, I'll check in regularly!
Cheers
Kt - The Department

Anonymous said...

Need to have some instructions from my two day work shop at the convention in Feb.2009 can you please forward them urgently.
Val Bond
97966792
email bgvjbond@bigpond.com.au

With thanks Val