Saturday, October 22, 2016

Angel





This year seems to have been  the year of angel encounters. I have been ruminating on my next book Musing in Textile:Italy and one of the images that surfaces on a regular basis, in the Italian encounters I have had is the image of an angel. My friend Ada Melegari also thought I should make a linocut angel image, and the idea has been hopping about in my head since. So I finally set to and made an angel linocut. As usual my first trial print was on newspaper, and then I have printed various ones on fabric. The image measures 22 cm x 15 cm. The orange/turquoise one has been printed on a hand dyed vintage  table napkin .I only have four of these available.

You can purchase the "angel" hand printed fabric from me and I have put a Paypal button for ease of purchase ( at the bottom of my post). I have made them all the same price even though the table napkin is a larger piece of fabric- but then- the first to buy has just a bit of luck. If you don't see a colour just ask me as I will be printing more. The angel has been printed by hand, from a linocut I have carved, on fabric that has been hand dyed.The price for the print and postage is $17AUS



I wanted to share some of the images of angels I have encountered this last year. starting with one from William Kentridge's exhibition in Milano that I was lucky to see.







The next two images are from the museum next to the Duomo in Milan and are stained glass































And some angelic encounters from the Pinacoteca in Siena.


I have also  created a Paypal  button for the Aussie Bush Project on the Aussie Bush Project  page

Below is the button to purchase an Angel panel

2 comments:

Chyfey said...

Hiya you are going to get 2 orders from me couldn't figure out how to combine the orders ,just post them together .
LOVE your angel and the other angels also. Cheers Faye

Unknown said...

Oh I would love to win this fabric. Looks great!!.........
Cord lace in Europe
Shadda or bazin in Europe
Dry lace in Europe
Shadda or bazin in Europe