Friday, July 11, 2014

Time, time , time

I just don't know where the time flies to and I am getting a td frustrated that my  work things seem to be everywhere, and I can't remember which box I packed things in, so it's search and search find one thing but not another.It's frustrating because I have simply said "yes" to every invitation that has come my way and I need to be stitching like a whirlwind- or a dervish perhaps?

Last year came the invitation to submit  work for a special exhibit of the European Patchwork Meeting's 20 th anniversary at Ste Marie aux Mines. All past winners of the concours were invited and many took  up the invitation including moi. The brief was to exhibit the work with which you had won the prize ( I can't because it sold some years ago) and to make a work more reflective of current work. So I made another forest quilt- after saying I would never make another. It took a lot of stitching and a lot of Aurifil thread ( thank you Aurfil! and Victorian Textiles for your continued sponsorship of thread and batting) So here is a forest quilt- the colours are a bit different than the ones I used to make and that added extra challenge as i worried there might not be enough contrast in the dyed fabric- but I am quite pleased with it the thread really works hard!





There is still time to join the Travellers' Blanket On-line class- just email me and I shall send you imformation. The present weather is certainly great for stitching ( it's winter here in Australia! bbrr)

2 comments:

Tina Howell said...

How big is this piece. It looks fantastic. And did you use a mid-range or a longarm or a domestic machine.

Monique 78 said...

Hi Dijanne, nice to see your work will be in Ste Marie next September. It's been a long time since I haven't seen the forests!