Monday, June 11, 2012


I have been doing a lot of hand stitching this week. I am trying to finish the travellers blanket with circles and also doing some stitching on the cat linocut.I am really trying to use lino prints as a means for holding stitches. I can see this cat would look interesting in offbeat colours too- like i can see a blue cat or a red cat. Here are the results:





Elizabeth from Berry Patchwork asked me to spread the word about a Textiles Art Prize to be held in conjunction with the Berry Retreat this year.. Berry is a small community approximately
2 hours south of Sydney & she decided it might be fun for the community to take part in a textiles competition.
Perhaps you could help spread the word for me please?
She has  managed to gather sponsorship; first prize is $300, second prize $200, third prize $100, with a highly commended prize of $100.
Monies have been donated by local businesses.


1 comment:

kat said...

hello from an occasional visitor who always enjoys her visits, your cat is quite, quite delightful!