Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fairy Forest


Here is the finished Fairy Forest quilt. I have called it fairy Forest because of the kind of gnarly  trunks of the trees.Initially i did not think the trees were so interesting as there seemed to be truncated trunks but now with all the stitching I like the effect.But this is definitely the last forest quilt I will do! It measures 94 cm by 89 cm.

This piece is for sale for 800 Euros including postage. Email me if you are interested.It's been a very slow year for quilt sales I must admit- i don't think I have sold a big piece at all. Which makes it hard going to make a living .It is just as well I teach.I haven't made nearly enough small work for sale something which I intend to remedy over the next weeks before the Fete de Fil we are doing on 15 August at La Bastide-Rouairoux.
 And I really do wonder what impact all the free tutorials on blogs and youtube have- it seems that everything under the sun is a tutorial now and how will that impact on those who teach- is it a good thing or a bad thing or nothing at all?I am not sure .... I am thinking about this issue as I blog for the Bernina blog where i am making instructional posts.

397 Readers to go until 300,000 readers have visited my blog since i started- who will it be and what can i think of to send....

9 comments:

geni said...

Compliments for your last forest quilt and the tutorial you share on the Bernina blog!
I think it is a good thing to share knowledge on the WWW, because it broadens the horizons for the ones interested and can help lifting ones creativity to a higher level. Not only the student but also the teacher benefits from it, a win-win sitution for both sides. It is also a way for a potentional teacher to give a sneak peek at her/his professionality.
Students who need more personal coaching, are always willing to pay for their lessons.
So please, do go on with sharing your experiences!

Vicki W said...

The quilt is spectacular!

Gerrie said...

Of course, I love this!!

New York Rugs said...

WOW!!!! That is nothing short of amazing. Really awesome technique, keep up the great work

Nienke said...

Don't worry about the online information. The more information there is, the more important is a good teacher or coach to guide you through. We don't use less paper now that we have our computers, on the contrary. By finding small online tutorials on the web, we will be hungry for more, sincere information. We will be speaking online about teachers and artists and you will reach new public by doing so. Just keep faith, we are in a transition period and you are one of the pioneers. Thank you for sharing, it will return to you one day.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dijanne, beautiful quilt!
Don't worry about master classes and instructional posts. To make something similar to your latest quilt one should not only know how to dye and free-hand, but also have vision and talent.

Tania

A said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

smarcoux said...

Glad to see your back walking Dij and as usually wonderful work.
Hope to catch up with you before your away to australia... if not I will just have to come to australia.. pity.
Sandy
Dangling by a Thread

Resume Writing Service said...

Compliments for your last forest quilt and the tutorial you share on the Bernina blog!
I think it is a good thing to share knowledge on the WWW, because it broadens the horizons for the ones interested and can help lifting ones creativity to a higher level. Not only the student but also the teacher benefits from it, a win-win sitution for both sides. It is also a way for a potentional teacher to give a sneak peek at her/his professionality.
I must say that overall I am really impressed with this blog.It is easy to see that you are passionate about your writing. If only I had your writing ability I look forward to more updates and will be returning.