Monday, July 11, 2005

Princess Margaret Rose Cave


Tiered Forest
I love this photograph- it reminds me of Galadriel's tree in Lord of the Rings. The half face appeared in the walls of the cave and almost looks like a drawing one of the Renaissance masters might have done- it is quite angelic looking. The first photograph is looking into the roof of the cave- really quite a weird sensation, given that we normally look down or around- the only similar sensation is looking into the crown of a tree, which also gives the feeling of floating.

I really liked this cave-because it was small and so not overwhelming, though the tight spaces were a bit scarey at times- and some of the formations were lovely because they were so close. I am thinking I really want to do something with these images in textile- not sure whether to paint the markings or try something with dyeing. Posted by Picasa

No comments: