Monday, August 14, 2006

Sweet Perfumes

All the machine stitching has been done and now I want to hand stitch in the blank spaces. Of course the perfect rayon hand dyed thread I bought from Oliver Twists in England in 2001 is nowhere to be found- packed away somewhere in the shed in a safe spot no doubt. So it's come to a halt- whilst I rethink ( is the thread really perfect or is my memory making it perfect) and what else can I use?This piece is 30 inches wide and 60 " long.

I have started my walking again- since being back it came to a screaming halt- went for a few walks but not every day like I was doing.It feels good to be back to daily walking

5 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Jest Gawjus~! thanks for the inspiration.

I've just finished tacking this piece
( http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/ )
together and have been studying on what sort of machine stitching I want to use on it. Contrasting colors or not, tight or organic, dense or light - your piece has shed light.

Anonymous said...

I love the visual richness of your work. I just want to wrap myself up in this one :-)

Joyce said...

IT's beautiful. Are the little gold looking spots beads, thread or the way the fabric was dyed? I looked back in your blog and wasn't sure but itlooks a bit like light spots in the dyeing. It looks fantastic whichever it is.

Emmy said...

I love the colors and I cant wait to see the hand embriodery

Bonnie said...

It's a beautiful piece! Can't wait to see it finished.