Saturday, June 03, 2006

Home

Home- as a an actuality and concept- we all 'long' for a home- not necessarily the bricks and mortar- we all seek what it means to us- family, surroundings, niches, neighbourhood, but for me apart from family, home for me is the nature that surrounds me. In an age when all art seems to be conceptual and in the realm of the digital and imaginary and in negation of the great natural beauty that abounds in the world- this is what i come home to- it is winter dormancy at the moment. In the Australian bush things do not leave their leaves and show their bones and the colours are amazing- the shapes enticing and well simply stunning.

I am home and have to look all over again- I saw such a lot- I think my life has changed just a little again, and yet this nature brings me home every time. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome home.
love
ina from lemele

Nora and James McDowell said...

I'd love the identities of the different things in the photos.
On the idea of a peace statement let us know if you go forward.
Nora

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I love your photo collages...and this one in particular...

There is a book called Home: A Short History of an Idea, by Witold Rybczynski (don't know that hotlinks will work, but it's reviewed at www.amazon.com), that I loved reading... how the whole concept of what we think of as "home" has evolved over the past 400 years (and in fact I think the tracing of time begins in Holland...). Your musings made me think of it... will have to go earch through my boxes (not enough shelves in this house) to find it and re-read...

Cheers and good luck with the Palestine project...the mark-making with ribbons is great! Sarah