Thursday, June 15, 2006

Autumn Forest

It is done- you were right Kristin- it was one of the forest pieces. I however want to oultine the trees a bit more heavily, and the binding has still to go on.As you can no doubt see it is very heavily stitched.

One of the down sides of being a textile itinerant is that no one cleans your oven whilst you are away- I try and keep on top of it by cleaning before i go but I don't know what they have done to it this time- I have scrubbed and scrubbed but I don't think I will ever get totally rid of whatever they did to it.

And today sitting and sewing I was ruminating about the good old Aussie swaggy ( hobo)- they are gone from the local scene, but when we first arrived in Australia they were still around. I remember one old chap in Numurkah who could play a mean tune on a gum leaf and really did have a swag on a stick- now that would be a fun exhibition to mount- the essential swag!
 Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what can I say? I want to dive into this quilt and walk through those trees and see what's out there on the other side. And then I'd be back in the woods, revelling in the colours, touching everything and breathing it in. Sorry to go so embarrassingly over the top about this but I so love this quilt. I am in awe of your talent.

Joyce said...

I just love this quilt and the quilting is amazing!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! It just glows. I bet it's even better in person.

Emmy said...

sooo wonderful I just love this quilt

Lily Mulholland said...

oh wow. haven't been to your site before but this is just amazing. wow.

Unknown said...

oh WOW ! Bravo to You ! What a gorgeous work you've made.

Micki said...

This is so stunning. It really does glow.

Anonymous said...

That's a magnificent and incredible piece! How did you achieve the texturing in the leaves and undergrowth? It's hard to see from here....

cfent said...

wow. if its this wonderful on my puter screen i can just imagine what it looks like in person!
this is totally stunning dijanne.
absolutely haunting and beautiful.

Rayna said...

Oh, Dijanne - this is a beauty. Its simplicity is so effective.
Thanks for sharing it.