Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Finally Some Stitching

This is to prove I have finally done some stitching. It is an autumn forest quilt I started in the Netherlands. I just have the bottom section to do but am undecided about a small section- so I might sleep on it.School holidays are coming up next week so i want to finish it and be well on the way on working on somethign else. I am waiting for fabric to be delivered so i can dye the fabric.

I will also be teaching in Deniliquin in the Riverina in NSW on the weekend of 24/25 june. There are still a few places available if anyone is interested . The contact is ">Marj Gale. I hope the link works- if not email me and I will put you in touch with her. I am teaching journal quilts ( working small and working with a theme and experimentally) and printing and painting fabric with textile ink. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks intriguing :-) Is the fabric more of your lovely "forest" hand-dye? I can't wait to see the finished product.

Sandra said...

Beautiful stitching and fabrics. Your printing tutorial is very interesting and thorough. Thank you for posting it. It's great to be able to share ideas and see how others do things.

Digitalgran said...

Lovely to see your stitching again. I would also like to thank you for the instructions.

Elle said...

Ooo...I love the deep dark colors with the splashes of yellow!

Emmy said...

I cant wait to see the hole quilt
the colors are very warm and beautiful