Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time Flies

 


My eldest daughter turned 18 today- such a milestone but where has the time gone???

Yes I do have a cat- and finally I am sharing a picture of her- she sleeps on my bed most nights- who knew a cat takes up that much space????? I am probably 50 times (or more) her size and yet she manages to take over the greater portion of the bed. But nonetheless she has been a part of our lives for seven years now ( it's her birthday soon). Her name is Mitsou- she is a lilac point burmese and has a wicked sense of humour, and is just a little crazy, but funny as well. But most of all I think of her as a "vredig beestje" - it's dutch I am sorry- it sort of means peaceful animal- but a little more and in a sense more surrounding as a feeling- it's gotten me through some of the worst moments thes e last 2 and a half years- it's my little mantra- she sits on my lap and I think "vredig beestje" ( even though she is super good at killing mice ,rats and I hate it ,but birds too, and she has even be known to bring home decapitated baby snakes, one wonders where the head went????) In fact it has become such a mantra- that when I sit to hand sew/quilt she thinks that is the signal for her to sit on my lap and be vredig! We are hoping to find her a home for a year when we are in France ( anyone interested?)- the quarantine regulations make it too hard to take her with us.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Beena said...

What a lovely "vredig beestje"!
I'm sure you will miss her terribly the year you are apart!

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer, so we could give her a comfy lap and the company of our new Burmese! Awesome cats!

Judy said...

Dijanne,

How beautiful is your cat, wish i could adopt her for a year but I don't think my cat would like it he is too, too spoilt, he's a Lilac Tabby Point Siamese, and toally unaware he is a cat, also an indoor cat only.

Margeeth said...

There seems to have been research done about stroking cats, the result being that your bloodpressure goes down when doing this.

Marlis said...

my flori cat also manages to take over the greater portion of my bed. guess what happens when his sister farah also wants to sleep on my bed? ;-)

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about cats on beds taking up lots of space - they also seem to get very very heavy too and seem unable to move. LOL

Sandra said...

Sorry I'm in the wrong country (US) to take her, I just lost my brindle burmese Pandora at the age of 19 and a month. The amount of space they take up is only eclipsed by the size of the hole they leave when they leave. Hope you can find her a great home while you are gone.
Sandra