Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Evolon Madonna

 



A week or so ago I showed the Madonna transferred onto the Evolon. I have now stitched her with machine stitching. She looks quite different to the hand stitched Madonna I did awhile ago.

I also have to put the thinking cap on for the Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork concours this year with the theme "Colours of a Country"- you have to include the colours of the flag of the country- and well red white and blue of the Australian flag is hardly inspiring. I do have a few ideas, but I am still not entirely happy with how they are panning out.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kim said...

she is very VERY beautiful!

Clare Wassermann said...

A wonderful Madonna - good luck with your puture planning in red, white and blue. Somehow it doesn't seem quite you...

magsramsay said...

Re Australian Flags , what about older versions, indigenous or state flags?
Or what about colours of National or State flower?

Beena said...

I love the colors, and how this turned out. Gorgeous.

Margeeth said...

A lot of flags are red, white and blue, so I guess this show will yield a lot of red, white and blue quilts. I think it really brave of you to even consider making a quilt for this show, I saw this years theme and just gave up on it.

Lori Gravley said...

She is lovely. The stitching on her cape and dress are very nice; I like the hint at stars on her cloak.