I finally finished these pomegrante cards. I did start them ages ago. At least I finally turned on the sewing machine, but am still not overly enthused. The cards are for sale at a cost of $30US each inclusive of postage and they measure 6 3/4 inches by 5 inches ( made a mistake in the measuring). They are lino-cut printed onto 12mm weight habutai silk and machine stitched. Someone asked about the African painting technique- if you go to the Trapsuutjies website which I linked in my previous post, Laura has a downloadable booklet outlining different techniques for use with textile printing inks.
I got the quote for the house we are thinking about today- all I can say is something miraculous will need to happen. The quote is quite a lot more than I was hoping.There is nothing for rent around here either- so I am stuck inbetween the rock and the hard place or however that saying goes
I really have a lot of hand stitching to do- but I kind of feel guilty doing it- like I am stealing a little pleasure because it does not seem like work, to stitch. It's a reflective action that has to take its time, and that determines it's own placement. I need to stitch lots of Zenobia's and finshed another one today- I am thinking I will make 50 or so for my exhibition. How to install them still needs to be worked out- but perhaps they could have little wooden platforms