Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One More Coral Variation

 

 

 

 

The first two Coral variations from yesterdays post have been sold! I only made one today (and it is for sale for $50US inclusive of postage) as I had to take my machine to Geelong to have it looked at as it has a problem that rarely arises with a Designer II. It looks as if the problem may arise from my moving the fabric a lot when free machining therefore creating static in the lower part of the machine/bobbin case and that somehow shortcircuits the computer brain.So I guess I should take my own advise to students and take more frequent breaks! I had also broken my spring loaded machine foot- having sheared through the metal bar that sits on top of the needle screw- also likely to have occurred due to frequent use. I did find however that I can bring home the machine I won at Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork in September as the transformer will deal with our power. I had tried to sell it, but the person who was intereted really wanted to pay too little as far as I was concerned- I was happy to win it and that does not mean I am going to give it away.It is a Husqvarna Sapphire in case anyone in Europe is interested- the new machine with sensor foot and wider neck.

I did some more breakdown printing- the first photo shows the painted screen- then the breakdown printing - it looked too white so I over painted it with dye.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mzjohansen said...

YOWZA ! These are glorious !

hcg said...

wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work!