Gilgamesh's Rug is done! I am not sure if I shall call it that - but maybe I shall have a year of making rugs rather than art quilts LOL! it measures 50 cm wide by 140 cm long. I ran out of steam once I got halfway- I was uncertain about whether there was sufficient contrast or whether there was enough for a stand alone piece. In the end I am glad I finished because now that I see the whole I like it- it certainly is fit for a king and his horse! I have the other half of the fabric left and I think Galgamesh's friend Enkidu needs one as well. I used over 2,000 metres of embroidery rayon for the top and it is very heavily stitched- i thought about adding some beads , but that would be way too uncomfortable for a horse rider and well i quite like the texture as it is.
It is so hot today that my machine simply stopped dead- mild moment of panic but then I have driven machines to a screeching halt before in the heat.
I am also back to the 10,000 step program, I never really stopped but the amount of walking I did dwindled and dwindled until sometimes I was walking only once a week. It feels good to be back and today i did a dedicated 10,000 step walk- I got up early before the heat set in.Then i watered the garden- we are only allowed to water between 8-10 am or the same hours at night .