Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another quilt finished






















The banksia quilt is finished- another one bites the dust! It is for sale for $750US ( it measures 26 inches by 54 inches) I am hoping to make quite a few more quilts before 19 february in fact I think I will need to quilt almost every waking moment for the next 2.5 weeks. Two are well into the planning stage, in fact one is already basted and ready to go. One still needs a lot of hand stitching which i was going to do in front of the cricket- but that hasn't been much chop!



This article appeared in todays Weekly Times and was written by Monica Jackson. The Weekly Times is a country newspaper geared specifically for rual people and their interests.The quilt in the right foreground is "Canopy" by Gloria Loughnan. The article was about Sense of Place but they also gave my blog a plug- thank you! and Monica was surprised by the visitors from all over the world. And the count has gone up to 100 countries!

10 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Love the new quilt Dijanne and I'm not surpised you have visits from 100 countries. Mags

Helen said...

Hi Dijanne

I love the Banksia quilt. I saw your book, 72 ways not to stipple, in the Triptych class Jenny Bowker took at the New Zealand Symposium recently. I would like to buy it. Is it available in NZ? I don't know about paypal. Can you do a credit card? Please email me: helenmpedersen@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the Banksia is so pretty. Of course, I LOVE your foresty quilts like the one in the newspaper (congrats on the nice article, BTW). Did I ever tell you that for many years my husband's military call sign was "hellfire?"

Anonymous said...

Dijanne, your quilts just keep getting more and more gorgeous! I hope it sells quickly for you (and if I ever win the lottery, I'll be down your way in a flash!)
Congrats on the coverage, too, I know many people who only ever read the Weekly Time and their local once- a- week paper.

smarcoux said...

I love the NEW DIJANNE you look simply marvouloussss my dear!!!

As usual your banksia quilt is great but you know I love all your work ...

Joyce said...

THe Banksia quilt is gorgeous. It is inspiring me to try something a bit more adventurous when I quilt my jungle quilt. I hope it sells almost instantly for you.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt. Your fame spreads! Best of luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

The Banksia quilt is splendid. A coincidence, last week I saw a real Banksia in a flower shop, for the first time in my life.

Dianne said...

Another Master Piece Done I would say Love it...

Alison Schwabe said...

Exquisite.