I did not mean to leave such a brief entry yesterday but life got in the way. I finished quilting Persephone's Rug for the Underworld just now- it measures 42 inches by 65 inches ( 100cm x 165 cm) and took a lot of quilting. The background fabric is damask tabelcloth which I dyed and I really like the texture that appeared- it is much more textured than with the normal cotton I use. The downside of this was, that it did stretch a little because of the coarser weave so my hands are sore from trying to stretch the fabric so I did not get bad puckers. The quilting took longer as a result.
And thank you for the feedback on teaching notes- I like the idea of leaving gaps so people can make their own notes. And yes the washing line is colourful at times. Before we had the washing line we had a fence across the middle of the block and I used to hang the cloth on that- peoople could see it from the road as they drove by somepeople used to slow down to look to see what all that colour was. I called it my mini Christo fence in multicolour. I also dyed the small dam we have at the front of the block red once. I accidentally poured a bucket with dye that had not been used into the sand filter I use to filter the dyewater through. And no the frogs didn't turn red and it didn't seem to affect them either even though the dam was bright red for a couple of days.