Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cleaning Up



The clean up is progressing- i seem to have moved loads of stuff into the shed and I seem to have almost found the bottom of one work table so that maybe tomorrow I can work again. There is still some things to move, but I left them just in case I had second thoughts about them. One satisfying aspect has been burning a lot of paper- loads of it- photocopied stuff rom when I did my masters, and loads of toher things that I can live without. i can burn stuff because I live in the country and just love the yellowed pages and the fragile grey ash sheets that crumble when you touch. A lot of stuff is going into a garage sale on Saturday- lots of scraps of hand dyed fabric, magazines I can live without and books.

I also found some tifaifai cut outs I did years ago- hmm what to do with them....

Hopefully tomorrow some work- I am beginning to feel stuck...



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

smarcoux said...

Hmmm I think I am really liking the larger taififi ones in the browns ... will email you with ideas for it :))

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh those are lovely, Dijanne.

Shirley in New Zealand

Digitalgran said...

I'm sure you will make something beautiful of them.

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

A wonderful place to be -stuck. I think it means you are gestating something that isn't quite all there yet. I have to thank you for your musings. I so love reading them that they have inspired me to become a blogger. I made my first post yesterday. What a wonderful day, It felt so inspiring to read and re-read my writing. Thank you for your inspiration.

I discovered today that the planet Saturn has gone forward again. mmm yes, into astrology as well. This means that things will begin to flow again. Saturn forces us to clear out those things no longer of benefit to our journeying.

I love your idea on the 15th March of an interactive Cape Exhibition - what fun. It would also be exciting to see if the Cape appeared different with each wearer. It reminds me of the wonder cape style garments that Dumbledore wears in the Harry Potter movies - such richness displayed and the possiblity for starkness and functionality. The flow of capes, the movement ... what beauty.