Thursday, April 13, 2006

More dyeing

I woke last night after thinking about the sea coloured piece I had dyed last week ( and I haven't got back to work because I have been doing the books so they can go to the accountant- talk about uninspiring...) thinking I should really try it in fire colours- my favourites. This piece is the result and it is about 2 metres long and a metre wide.It reminds me of weeping somehow, the tears of Demeter as Persephone was swept away by Hades? I think it needs a tree with sinewy braches that fall like a womans hair to the ground, I think it needs to be stitched and not appliqued- but really heavily stitched maybe even hand stitched.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pieces are absolutely lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

teri

artmixter said...

Dijanne, that cloth is delicious.

Joanne S said...

The tree branches already seem to be there on the right side. I love the way you paint word pictures to enjoy with the cloth.

Anonymous said...

Dijanne--I am sitting here in the NE corner of Iowa, USA, drinking some decaf, chatting with my teenaged daughter and marveling at your hand-dyed fabrics. I have been "checking in" to see your latest creations on a regular basis.

I am a wanna-be fabric dyer (actually I have dyed fabric in the past). I know what I want to make, I just have trouble getting things done. I am working on a space, which could be done soon. I have the dyes and the fabric and the books. Anyway, I really like what you do and I identify strongly with it. Thanks for keeping me inspired...