Saturday, April 08, 2006

Look What I just dyed....











A couple of years ago I made a stitched seascape which was a wholecloth quilt. I sold it much too early on, but that is life as an artist- perhaps I should have raised the price, but then it may not have sold, so I parted company with it. Anyway it has always been my intention to do another, not the same off course but again wholly stitched. So after the damask dyed so beautifully yesterday i thought hmmm- so this is what I just dyed-it's so exactly what I wanted. It is a biggish piece about 2 metres by 1.5 metres and I am not cutting a scrap off it- this one is much more like an aerial look into a coral pool, so I think that is what it will become and because it is big it can probably carry some appliqued shapes- I am thinking those brain corals....can't wait for it to dry! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Liz Plummer said...

Mmm... gorgeous fabric. I can't wait to see it when you've finished with it. And what is it about seeings pics of dyebaths that makes me want to run and do some myself?!!

Michelle said...

That is beautiful fabric. I just love it!!