Sunday, January 26, 2014

Packing to Move GRRR

The last week has been pretty stressful- packing a  whole house away takes time, plus I need to keep working on my Chartres work and making more work for that. I feel like I am running short of time, but have to keep going as i can see these queens when they are all together are going to have presence. This morning I washed the outside of the house and the windows. I am trying to make sure I do something everyday including packing stuff every day. The biggest problem is my work things- you never know exactly what you may need. I am also running out of  the right coloured threads, but  non one around here sells the 28 weight Aurifil threads that I like to use.

Stitched Sentinelle panels are also starting to arrive- they look splendid- in case anyone wants to work on a panel and send it to France ( to join the project ) I found a few more panels I had stuck away whilst I was packing. Email me if you  would like to buy one.

Meanwhile here is another queen. She has extremely long braids- braids were much admired in medieval times with several writers of the time mentioning the aesthetic  beauty of perfect braids. The sculptor in any case went to long lengths to make the braids look long and perfect. The panels are awkward to photograph because they are about 180-185 cm long. The queens in the sculptures themselves have different heights.


I have been thinking I would like to make a booklet to go with them, but again the awkwardness of the length of the figures I can't quite  think about page size.















Today is Australia day- sadly it celebrates white settlement of this large continent when three boats arrived loaded with convicts. 

4 comments:

Chiara Z said...

I don't know what sort of book your thinking of, but my immediate thought was a relatively narrow panel of "queen" at the left of the page, with commentary and details to the right to balance out the layout. Don't know if it will work . . .

RETA said...

I have read a bit about the boats arriving with convicts. It was very harsh.
Your work is exquisite! What a great talent - a great gift you have. Your life is fascinating.

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

Vlogger said...

Excellent Blog, I am surely bookmarking this: also have a look into my web page
Best Packers Movers in Kochi and
Packers Movers in Ernakulam District get in touch with us

شركة مكافحة الحشرات said...

شركة عزل فوم
نقل اثاث
افضل شركة مكافحة الصراصير
مكافحة النحل
شركة مكافحة الصراصير
مكافحة الوزغ
رش مبيدات بالرياض