Thursday, August 02, 2012

Not Much Done

Another week has simply flown by without much to show for it- though have done quite some planning and thinking about the France/Inspired by France book( it will include a lot of techniques I use, and ideas of how to work on a theme and explore) so I guess that is progress. I have also finally managed to clean up the sunroom ( now that the weather seems to be a little on the improve)- it's ok to work there when the weather warms a little as it is not insulated- and I do all my printing there.I haven't had it this clean since I moved here ( originally it contained furniture which would not fit in the house), and then stuff form my shed got dumped there and well it never got tidied. It feels good to have finally cleaned everything up, got rid of a lot of stuff- it's the  cleanest printing/working space I have had for years ( since 2004 I think) . The impetus for the big clean up was that someone gave me quite a large table which will be excellent for printing , but also means I can run some workshops from home. Anyone want to come and do some transfer dyeing and printing?

Anyway here is my cleaned up space.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Dijanne, I would love to come to your place to play with transfer dyes! Shame the didtances are a bit big! Great table!

hugz

Sally

heidi said...

Looks great!

Chiara Z said...

Transfer dyeing and printing? Tell me more! I don't live too far away and have promised myself some workshops. And by the way what about the linocut class?

Jeann of Melton said...

Wow! It does look quite different to when we came down to do the lino cutting class.

Jenny Woolf said...

It's a wonderful feeling to clean up. I'm going to do some of that today!
Your space looks lovely - I wish I had a sunny space to work.