Friday, September 11, 2009

Small Waterways piece


I have been stitching and stitching colonial knots- to create the waterhole kind of effect on this smaller water ways piece which will be part of the Southern Lands exhibition I am taking to France next year for exhibition at Centre Europeeen du Patchwork. Looking at the photo it looks a bit sun flowery- but these water holes from an airplane windown really look otherwordly.

Don't forget there is still time to register for my on-line lino-cutting course which starts September 21st. Participants have produced some wonderful lino-cuts in the past- some of which I wished I had made!!

Off to Bright to teach tomorrow- it's a bit of a drive. Back on Sunday

2 comments:

Frances said...

Dijanne this is beautiful, as well as the stitching I love the texture you have in the fabric,
I have just started reading and blogging again after a long absence, you have had another event filled year,
sorry to read about your having to leave your house before you leave for France but pleased to read you have secured your year in France,
have a lovely day teaching, good luck with everything,
love Frances,

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi, I found your blog from Pat (Patstudio) and I'm so glad I did. I love your work

Best wishes
Carolyn