Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Afternoon Play- Suffer Sandy!



Yesterday I drove to Tilburg to pick up some materials for my class later this week in France. I always like calling past Zijdelings, to see what new surface design materials Karina has and what new books. As I got some money for my birthday , it was impossible to leave behind Linda and Laura Kemshall's new book The Painted Quilt.Apart from describing different painterly techniques for design on cloth the book is a wonderful visual dance of the interesting and original work both Kemshall's make.

On the way back to the hospital in Terneuzen to see my uncle I stopped by Laura Liebenburg to indulge in some fabric painting with Laura and Annette Jeukens. I somehow couldn't find much inspiration but it is always good to get together with Laura and Annette,and see what they have been up to.We decided to get together again next week and see if Annette and I could find our misplaced inspiration, though sometimes simply doing helps you to find it. They also showed me a lovely felting book by Irene van der Wolf, who does really wonderful imaginative things with felt- Annette is going to sell me her copy as she can more easily get another.

Then there is an exhibition in Bruxelles entilted From Gilgamesh to Zenobia- which is an absolute must to get to next week, and I am hoping they may have a catalogue.I am hoping it will deliver some inspiration for pieces tht I need for later this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! I bet your muse will catch up with you soon. :-)

smarcoux said...

ohhh that is not nice ... your not playing nice ... can you tell me where I shall leave the threads ... if I get over there this weeekend and ... if not where to send it to ....

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dijanne! I hope you will have a good year ahead, and many happy returns of the day.
With all my love and admiration

Shirley Goodwin said...

I also have and enjoy "The Painted Quilt".

Tell us what you're doing in these photos!

smarcoux said...

SINGING AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS
HAPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY TO YOU, HAPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAYYY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU HAPPY HAPPY DAY MY FRIEND
HUGS AND KISSES
JOE AND SANDY

Auntie Jappa said...

Happy birthday and happy travels, Dijanne,
Love and hugs,
Jasmine
(PS it is about 40* today...)