Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Painting Fabric



Yesterday I went to Laura Liebenberg's atelier and Annette Jeukens ,Laura and I had a play day. We made hand made paper in all sorts of colours and then also painted some fabric with Laura's paints ( see the link under Trapsuutjies- blogger won't allow me to make a live link and Annette also has a blog- again see the link column) Laura also has pearlescent inks now ,which are terrifc on dark colours. I couldn't bring both pieces I painted home as one was too wet, but the one pictured will get a lot of handstitching at some stage- it is again an exploration on cross stitching.I had to come home earlier than I wanted as the files( traffic jams) and the Antwerp ring around five are not fun!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Nice colours, will be back to see the stitching on that wonderful piece.

suzanne

sammyjo said...

cool colours and patterns looks like u had fun

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovely fabric, Dijanne - as usual.

artmixter said...

Dij, you've been tagged...