Thursday, September 06, 2007

Not Getting as Much Done as I Would Like

 

 


Ackkk- I had hoped to be much further along in the quilting of my rocks piece- but other things intervened. I did dye about 25 metres of fabric but I will have to wash it tomorrow, ran out of time- and then I have some more to dye. I did do some quilting but not enough. There is always so much to do before I go away- like go to town and stock up the freezer and make sure that the kids school lunches are covered for the next two weeks. Have to cook some lasagna's before I go and a few other things too.IN fact I am always so frantic that getting onto that plane is like a big sigh and rest. There is nothing to do for 24 hours.

Today a book I ordered "Zenobia, Queen of Palmyra " came in the post- it is much too late now for me to work on my Syrian journal project- it will have to wait until I get back. The sellers said it was published in 1890- but I can't find a date anywhere in the book,, though the frontice piece is very charming and there are some old photos of Palmyra. It will be good to have it there when I get back .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Celia Hart said...

The book frontice piece is a delightful design - reminds me of Rennie Mackintosh's work. I love your red quilted piece it's like a beautiful red snapper's scales.

What will you be reading on the flight?

Celia