Saturday, February 17, 2007

In My Dreams



In my dreams I would have completed 10 quilts by now, done the taxes made a new small bag to put my docs and wallet in and would be packed or half way so and dyed fabric for a shop I have to deliver to on Monday on the way to the airport.

The reality is that I will be lucky to get the six quilts done ( two need more hand stitching - but that's ok- gives me something to do at night in the hotel in Syria). The photo is of Gilgamesh's forest rug- I abandoned the piece with the foiled cedars- i wasn't sure about them, nor am I sure about this stitching, but I will keep going. I have to dye the fabric tomorrow- it is too hot today- i should have done it early this morning, but I didn't think it was going to be this hot......

Nothing is packed, though the list is done- and as long as I have a list things will happen.I did try and make chilli plum sauce but put too much vinegar in I think- I suppose I could add more plums to it to even it out- maybe tomorrow.

There is a lot of sewing planned for tomorrow- getting on the plane and not having to do anything will seem like a holiday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all have our own version of this dream Dijanne! I look forward to hearing about your adventures as our textile ambassador and think your stitching on Gilgamesh's Forest looks great.

Anonymous said...

bon voyage et bon courage pour emmener avec vous nos rêves nos espoirs et merci d'être cette merveilleuse ambassadrice all over the world..we are waiting for you soon, in Palaiseau.
Kindly
Christine

MG Quilts said...

Enjoy what you have gotten done. Bon voyage and we will all be with you in spirit.

Joyce said...

I love this one, both the colors and the quilting. Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage! Enjoy the down time!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

This looks great, Dijanne - and so do the pomegranate cards. Hope they sell well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Dijanne! I hope you will travel safely to Syria and then to Europe! I wish your travel be a successful one, because you have worked so hard for this.
All my best

Anonymous said...

6 completed out of 10 is very good for the amount of time you had. Hope you get the fabric dyed in time. Good luck on your trip. I am looking forward to reports on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good time on your trip, Dijanne. Email me when you get back, I want to buy something!

gunnelsvensson said...

this is so good! both the quilting/embroidery and he lovely clours!

Barb said...

Wow! I absolutely love the colors and the quilting. That's the most beautiful piece I've seen in a long time!